1) Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (such as the details of your wedding for customising your wedding invitations), if you contact us directly.
2) Why We Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve our services.
- We might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and "targeted advertising" through other companies' sites, like Facebook or Google (*for more information please see sections below for Google Analytics, Google Re-marketing, Facebook advertising and the use of other third-party apps).
3) Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies, fulfilment companies or printing companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge this business (Blush and Gold Limited), we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
3a) Use of Imagery
If you have placed an order with us, we may from time to time use examples of completed works to showcase on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest), our own website (www.blushandgold.co.uk), and on our partner webstores (Etsy, HardtoFind and Notonthehighstreet). By completing a purchase from us, you are consenting to us using these images; we will always ensure that no personal details (such as emails, addresses, home addresses and phone numbers) are displayed in pictures on our website or on the third party websites listed above.
If you would like us to remove any imagery of personalised products relating to your purchases, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove these immediately.
4) Data Retention
5) Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
6) Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
7) Third Party Advertising Partners
We use third-party service providers to serve advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet.
In addition to the information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from Blush and Gold.
Currently, we use third party-placed tracking pixels and cookies from the following advertising delivery partners: Google. In the future we may partner with other companies to provide interest-based advertising, both on and off the Site. If this occurs, Blush and Gold provides you with an opportunity to opt out when these advertisements are served. You may manage your third-party advertising preferences by clicking on the links below:
8) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics uses ‘Cookies’ which are text files that are stored on your computer, to help analyse how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
You can prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website to Google and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the plugin available at the following link:
9) Google Conversion Tracking and Google Re-marketing
Google conversion tracking is an analysis service of Google Inc. to measure the success of advertising campaigns on Google advertising (AdWords). It sets a cookie on your computer when you access our website via a Google advert on Google. These cookies are not used to personally identify you. Using Google conversion tracking and Google, we can see that someone has clicked on our Google ads and has been forwarded to our site. We cannot see what other websites you have visited. The information collected by Google conversion tracking is used to compile statistics on success and use of our AdWords campaigns. We do not obtain information that can identify a user personally.
We use our website as well as the re-marketing technologies from Google.
If you do not want to participate in Google conversion tracking or Google re-marketing, you can also reject cookie placement in general (as a browser setting) which generally disables the automatic setting of cookies. You can disable cookies for Google services also by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "googleadservices.com".
For more information and to disable the Google mobile services, please visit: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
10) Facebook Custom Audience Adverts
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through a tool offered by Facebook called the Custom Audience Tool. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with Facebook. The tool lets Blush and Gold to convert your e-mail address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers Facebook generates from e-mail addresses of its users.
11) Google Custom Match Adverts
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using Google through a tool offered by Google called the Custom Match Program. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information with Google. The tool lets Blush and Gold convert your e-mail address to a unique number that Google uses to match to unique numbers Google generates from e-mail addresses of its users.
12) Email Marketing
If you are opted in to receive marketing e-mails from us and wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by clicking on the Unsubscribe hyperlink at the bottom of the marketing e-mail you receive. We will note in our database that you have elected to opt out of future e-mails from our company. Your record will still remain in our database but you will not receive any future mailings unless we receive explicit consent from you.
If you choose to receive our newsletters by using the newsletter sign up box on our website (or you have given us explicit written consent at a promotional event), you may receive marketing emails including information such as new products, links to blog posts and third-party websites or special offers.
Our newsletters contain cookies that are retrieved by the server of the service provider that sends the newsletter, as soon as the newsletter is opened. Within the scope of this retrieval, technical information, such as information about the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and time of retrieval are initially collected. This information is used for technical improvement or to analyse the target groups and their reading behaviour on the basis of their retrieval locations (which can be determined using the IP address) or access times. The statistical data collection also includes determining if and when the newsletters are opened and which links are clicked and when they are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to the individual newsletter recipients. These analyses are primarily intended to help us to identify the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content based on user interests.
You may also choose to opt out of marketing e-mails by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to opt out with this method, please be sure to include the e-mail address that you would like us to unsubscribe.
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on the hard drive of your computer when you access the Site. A "session cookie" expires immediately when you end your session (i.e., close your browser). A "persistent cookie" stores information on the hard drive so when you end your session and return to the same website at a later date, the cookie information is still available. When you visit our website, we may use both a session and a persistent cookie. These cookies may contain information (such as a unique user ID) that is used to track your usage of our website and in some cases, your e-mail address. Your e-mail address is only saved in this cookie if you register with us.
Cookies placed by us serve the following purposes:
- Website performance: Cookies are essential for the “shopping cart” function on our site. Without them it would not be possible to place a product in your cart and proceed to Checkout. Cookies also help us map pathways our visitors use to navigate our site, enabling us to improve those journeys and identify site malfunctions.
- Fraud prevention: Cookies can help us monitor suspicious activity on our site and prevent fraud.
- Personalisation: Cookies enable us to understand which of the many product categories on our site are of likely to be of interest to a visitor and provide a more personalised browsing experience on future visits. This information also enables us to make our direct marketing communications and our advertising on other websites more relevant to the recipient.
Third Party Cookies
How To Manage Cookies on Your Device
Web browsers offer ways to configure your cookie settings – please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information on this. Your browser may also enable you to open a browsing window that isolates your browsing history and limits or blocks the way cookies operate on your device. Different browsers have different names and variations of this function – e.g. “Private Window” in Apple Safari and Firefox, “Incognito Window” in Google Chrome, and “InPrivate” in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.
As noted above, you will need to accept our cookies in order to be able to use the “shopping cart” function on our website and proceed to Checkout. Blocking our cookies will also make your online relationship with us less convenient in other ways. For example, without our cookies you will need to re-enter your credit card details for every purchase; you will not benefit from any improved browsing experience we are able to provide based on your previous browsing history on our site; and we will not be able to make any text or email messages you choose to receive from us more relevant to your areas of interest.
Your consent to our Cookies
This policy is effective from 24 May 2018. Any changes will be posted on this page. If changes are significant, we may choose to notify you by email or to clearly indicate on our home page that the policy has been updated.
15) How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Mara Lagonigro (Director, Blush and Gold Limited) is the data controller of your personal information.
To request any of the following, you can contact Mara via email at email@example.com:
- To learn about the data that we may hold about you
- Correct any information we may hold about you
- Ask us to delete any information we may hold about you
Alternately, you may send a letter to:
Blush and Gold Limited
32 Thorpe Road,