Hello and thank you for visiting my website! My names is Mara and I am the designer behind Blush and Gold. I run my wedding stationery business from my home in Walthamstow, London. I started designing wedding invitations in early 2016 and since then my little business has grown from strength to strength and I have had the pleasure to work with the loveliest of couples.
It all started when my boyfriend of 7 years proposed to me at the Greenwich Planetarium in December 2015. I love designing and drawings so I knew I would be making my own invitations...and as soon as I got started with one design, I just couldn't stop and the idea popped into my head that I could make it into a job. I launched Blush and Gold two months after and the response I received from the first couples I worked with was so positive that I decided to put all my efforts into making it work. In the first year, I worked on it 24/7 including weekends (and during our summer holiday in Greece too!), but it was all worth it because I now get to call it my 'job'...although for me it's not just a job, it's a really something I love doing!
So, would you like to find out a bit more about me?
Here are a few things you might be curious to know:
1) I'm Italian (from near Milan), I moved to the UK when I was 21.
2) I have two cats, Buddy and Holly. They are my favourite furry people in the world. Buddy is a gentle giant and he's scared of his own shadow, whilst Holly is a crazy baby. She's my sidekick. Never leaves my side.
3) I live with Paul, my boyfriend of 7 years. We are actually engaged and have been for a couple of years now, but we always have more pressing plans and dreams and we just don't seem to be able to find the time to plan! He runs Music For Functions and he's an amazing guitarist and singer!
4) I'm obsessed with anything True Crime. In another life I probably would have been a detective or forensic scientist of some sort.
5) I love rollerskating.
6) Oprah Winfrey is on top of my "wish I could have dinner with" list.
7) Although I am not particularly tidy, I love organising and categorising things. That's why I wouldn't go anywhere without my Filofax, and that's the reason I developed my wedding planners. I needed somewhere to organise my own wedding research!